Friday, May 21, 2010

Getting My Rounds

Yesterday, Alice, the boss and I began our weekly meetings on the course. We meet in an office each week to discuss upcoming events with the golf course. Now that the course is open and the weather has turned, we took the meeting to the links.
Walking the back nine while the weather began to clear for a couple hours was quite productive. We inspected the entire operation, from turf conditions to the starter.
Each week it will be nice to see the course develop and mature, especially as the tee times fill up. I just hope there is room for us to continue our meetings.
I have 5 rounds in now, which means I have completed 10% of my goal so far.
Next Tuesday, the RMGCSA has its May Meeting at Inverness Hotel and Golf Club in Denver. Jeff Bollig, Senior Director of Marketing and Communications at the GCSAA will be our guest speaker. I have gotten to know him a little over the years and he should be very good. Marketing the golf course is certainly in our job description as a golf course superintendent.

No comments:

Post a Comment