Thursday, March 18, 2010

Round 1

Adobe Creek National Golf Club was the scene yesterday for my first round of the year. I am trying some new clubs this year and the front nine certainly had a bit of rust. For the most part, I was hitting the ball well all day and I hit most of the greens in regulation. We did play a scramble, so I didn't have many shots from the rough, which I am sure contributed to hitting greens, but it was a great way to start the season.
The golf course was great, Not much growth yet, but the weather was beautiful. The greens were rolling great for early season, I just wish I was putting better. Adobe Creek is a very well designed and maintained public course in Fruita. It consists of 27 holes and they seemed to be busy all day. Wide open fairways, not many trees around the course, big greens with many subtle hills around the perimeter of the course.
The foursome of Superintendents I was put in sure was fun. It consisted of Mike Miner, Red Sky Ranch, Andy Nikkari, Redlands Mesa and Tom Huesgen, Cornerstone GC. The only downside to a foursome of Superintendents is that we start yapping about everything and we are not the quickest group on the course. But it was great to get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment