Thursday, March 11, 2010

Project 50

Living in a ski town you frequently hear the question, "How many ski days do you have this year?" Well, that is how I am approaching the golf season. 50 golf rounds is my goal. By the time the golf course is in full swing I plan on getting 2 rounds a week at Vail. The Rocky Mountain Golf Course Superintendents Association has a great list of events this year. The schedule is as follows, Redlands Mesa, Keystone Ranch, Lakota Canyon, Colorado Springs CC, Hyland Hills, Meadow Hills, and Blackstone CC. Not sure if I can make them all, but I certainly would like to get to each public facility to see how they operate. I have not played any of these courses so I am excited to add them to the list.

1 comment:

  1. Great comment, Steve. I'd also suggest you define a round as just getting out there with a bag on your shoulder and your feet on your turf and not get hung up whether it's 18, 9 or just a couple with a threesome from the clubhouse to the maintenance shop or from the shop to seven green or with your bride in the mornings or evenings. Put that five iron, wedge and putter in the back of your cart, chip and putt. I have no doubt when you see, no, not see, feel what we do when we play that the course will become even better. I hope you join us often. Standing offer made. Cheers, Steve. Rick

    ReplyDelete