Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank You

Almost three years of research it has taken me to get to this point. In three years I have seen thousands of gallons of water wasted on this property. I have seen countless feet of pvc pipe and fittings go in and out of the ground here. I have seen small holes and rather large holes, some dry, most of them wet, very wet!

My assistants and interns have been getting excellent work-outs each year digging through the cobble just to find and fix another break. In fact I have gone home many nights, just praying that they will actually show up to work again!

I write this blog to thank everyone that has made it possible that Vail Golf Club has made it to this point. First I have to thank my staff, especially Justin Gompf and Tony Giroux for putting up with "the mess". I remember explicitly this past spring when the two of them were fixing a mainline break behind the 16th green. At about the 13th hour of them digging, de-watering, cutting, gluing, etc. I asked if there was anything else I could do to help. They both looked up at me, neck deep in this mess and said, "Yes, beer and a new irrigation system".

I also need to thank Mike Ortiz, director of the VRD who stayed positive about the entire process. He always told me, "It's gonna happen!". Alice Plain and Jeanne Sutherland, the most wonderful and best golf staff I could ever work with. The VRD Board of Directors have been supportive from day one. Stan and Pam and the entire TOV staff and council.

The fun is just about to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment