Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Practice Rounds

There is something magical about major golf tournaments. Maybe it is because I just love the game, but putting on a show for thousands of people around the world is special.
 I began my week back on my old stomping ground, The Broadmoor East Course. You can catch coverage on NBC this weekend as the best women golfers in the world try their luck on the old Donal Ross design.
  Here is 14 West green being mowed at dawn. This green is used as a practice green for back nine starts on the East Course.


Tuesday I helped with setting the course. Pictured above are USGA officials using a measuring instrument to square tee markers correctly. This is a neat idea I picked up and will incorporate something similar into our tee set up daily in Vail.



Pictured here are the same USGA officials and a couple of Broadmoor employees setting the cup and researching future pin locations for the tournament. They check speeds all over the green and find the right challenge for each round.
Christie Kerr teeing off the 3rd tee on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment