Monday, June 13, 2011

US Open Week

I found the information below in my inbox this morning as all golf eyes begin to focus on Maryland this week. After reading this information it still "wows me" to think how many people don't understand the amount of work that goes into a major golf championship.

In a few weeks, I will be taking part in similar activities to prepare for the US Women's Open at The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. When I think of Congressional however, I will never forget how they walk mowed all of the fairways for the Open in 1997! I heard it took up to 27 people to mow one fairway. It could have have been the pinnacle of how ridiculous maintenance can be for a major golf tournament.

Click here for the USGA Course Fact Sheet at Congressional Country Club by the USGA Green Section staff

No comments:

Post a Comment